If you’re looking for a way to connect your Orbi satellite to an existing non-router, then you should use your Orbi satellite as an extender. To do that you’ve to turn off the Orbi mode. Follow these steps to perform Orbi satellite setup with an existing non-orbi router:
1. First, place your Orbi satellite close to the router.
2. Connect it to the power socket.
3. Don’t power it on, if it’s on then turn it off.
4. Press & hold the sync button & power on your Orbi. This will put your Orbi satellite in extender mode.
5. Then connect your device to the Orbi WiFi network, which is the Netgear_ext.
6. Once connected open up your internet browser and go to the www.mywifiext.net.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Note: after putting the Orbi satellite into extender mode, you won’t be able to use the www.orbilogin.net on your device to access the Orbi satellite. If you want to use the www.orbilogin.com then you need to put your Orbi satellite back to the Orbi mode.